Join us at the third ILTS hands-on Machine Perfusion workshop on May 3, 2023, during the ILTS Annual Congress in Rotterdam.
New advances around perfusion devices for liver preservation will likely be the gold standard of liver preservation in the near future and will increase the pool of organs for transplantation while improving outcomes.
This in-person-only congress will provide hands-on experience with several different machine perfusion devices using pig livers. There will be selected talks and discussions led by world experts in the field around establishing a perfusion program, organ assessment, preservation strategies, and other key issues around the use of preservation devices.
In addition, the conference will provide the first technical and clinical framework for several perfusion devices and examine the different strategies for successful perfusion/preservation of donor livers.
SkillsLab, Erasmus MC
Markus Selzner, Paulo Martins, Wojciech Polak, Jeroen de Jonge, Sarwa Darwish Murad, Robert Porte
- 09:00 Bus departure from DeDoelen ICC (Main entrance) to Erasmus MC (Group 1)
- 10:00-12:00 Workshops (11:00-11:15 Coffee Break)
- 11:00 Bus departure from DeDoelen ICC (Main entrance) to Erasmus MC (Group 2)
- 12:00-13:30 Lunch & presentations:
- 12:00-12:20 Hypothermic machine perfusion of the liver: Reduction of hepatocyte injury, bile duct injury, and graft assessment: How far can we go? Speaker: Georg Lurje
- 12:20-12:40 Normothermic perfused liver preservation for graft storage, assessment, and repair – Where are the limits? Speaker: Hynek Mergental
- 12:40-13:00 Normothermic regional perfusion of DCD donors: Changing DCD organ donation. Speaker: Jeroen de Jonge
- 13:40 Bus departure from Erasmus MC to DeDoelen ICC (Group 1)
- 14:00-16:00 Workshops (15:00-15:15 Coffee Break)
- 16:10 Bus departure from Erasmus MC to DeDoelen ICC (Group 2)
Alternative to organized bus transportation:
Erasmus MC is within walking distance from DeDoelen ICC (app. 15-17 minutes) should you prefer to walk. Please preview the walking route here.
- Understand the new technology in ex-situ machine perfusion and in-situ normothermic regional perfusion preservation.
- Understand how to set-up the machine and how to troubleshoot problems.
- Understand the risks and benefits of cold and warm perfusion.
- Understand the technical and clinical perspectives of different perfusion approaches.
Who Should Attend:
- Surgery Fellows/Trainees
- OPO Personnel
- Basic scientists
Registration Fee prior to the Congress: $ 200,00 + 21%VAT
Registration Fee Onsite: $ 250,00 + 21%VAT
Transfer, coffee break, and lunch are included in the registration rate.